While fissures can be treated with conventional medications, the use of ayurvedic remedies is considered a much safer avenue of treatment. Here are some ways in which ayurvedic treatment can help cure your problem of fissures.
One of the most highly regarded remedies from the school of Ayurveda, Amalaki (Indian Gooseberry) is known as a rejuvenating agent, that helps regenerate the cells. Apart from the host of benefits that amalaki provides, such as acting as an aphrodisiac, amalaki also helps clean the intestine and is used as a form of laxative by people suffering from constipation. Amalaki is also an important ingredient in both Vara churna and Triphala guggul.
Another necessary ingredient in Triphala, Haritaki aids in digestion and also enables healthy motion every day. Similar to Amalaki, the ingredient is also used to make Vara churna.
Other common ayurvedic ingredients that treat fissures include Vibhitaki, Guggul and Curcumin.
A proper diet and lifestyle are extremely important and complement Ayurveda in the true sense for the treatment of fissures. Here are a few tips for you to follow for naturally curing fissures-
1. Include whole grains in your diet, which are higher in fibre content and help soften your stool.
2. Green leafy and fibrous vegetables, such as spinach and broccoli, must be consumed on a regular basis as they help reduce constipation.
3. Caffeine should be avoided at all cost. This means that you should not drink coffee and sodas.
4. Certain fruits like apples, figs and bananas also help deal with the symptoms of constipation.
5. Lastly, drinking lots of water will help with digestion and will also regulate motion, so that constipation can be avoided.
6. A sitz bath may also help with fissures. To take such a bath, fill the tub with warm water and add iodine, turmeric or neem into the water. Now dip your hip and waist beneath the water and sit for a few minutes.